This Tumblr Tuesday, we're breaking from our traditional list format to highlight a single Tumblr blog that's making waves both online and offline: the King's Alternative Food Cooperative Association, or KAFCA. This cooperative is starting its own food revolution on the campus of the University of King's College in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Each week, KAFCA serves a fresh, local lunch on campus that's made from fruits and veggies sourced from a local CSA. The organization also caters society events on campus and throughout Halifax, supporting the local food economy and advocating for organic food.
The nonprofit food cooperative is just getting started on Tumblr, but the microblogging platform is perfect for keeping up with KAFCA's activities on and off the King's campus.
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Vegan Food Tumblr Blogs
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Weird Food Tumblr Blogs
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Silly Food Tumblelogs
- Tumblr Tuesday: Scandybars and Vegan Problems
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Food Truck Tumblr Blogs
- Tumblr Tuesday: Fantastic Fridge-Themed Tumblr Blogs
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Urban Farming Tumblr Blogs
- Tumblr Tuesday: Rainbow Foods
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Healthy Food Tumblr Blogs
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Starbucks Tumblr Blogs
- Galaxy Nutritional Foods Dairy-Free Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Emily Cooper's Turkey Shepherd's Pie
- Sterling Cooper Blini with Caviar
- Etli Nohut Yahnisi
- Latin Style Kale Pesto
- Nasturtium Leaf Pesto
- Haddock Cakes, easy Irish fare
- Fried Green Tomatoes and Shrimp with Spicy Remoulade
- New Orleans Red Beans and Rice with Andouille Sausage
- Chocolate Truffle Tartlets