There is nothing like a fluffy dinner roll, to make a meal seem fancy. If you think that making them takes a lot of hard work, think again. This recipe is my quick go-to recipe, when I am making a bunch of other things and forgot to make the fancy rolls. These take only one hour, and truly are light and fluffy. You will love them!
I also make them a little bit larger than called for, and they are perfect for sandwich rolls. This is a recipe that needs to sit in the front of your recipe box.
1 Hour Dinner Rolls
1 Tablespoon + 2 tsp yeast
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup warm milk
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 cups flour
In a mixing bowl, place warm milk, yeast and sugar.
Let stand for 15 minutes.
Stir in salt, butter and flour.
Let stand for 20 minutes, or until doubled in size.
Punch down, and form into balls the size of an egg(makes 2 dozen)
Place rolls onto a greased cookie sheet for single rolls, in an 8X8 pan for soft sided rolls with brown tops.
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
For soft rolls, brush with butter as soon as they are removed from the oven.
- Perfect 1 Hour Dinner Rolls
- Wheatless Wednesday: Sweet Potato Buttermilk Rolls
- To Die For - Butter Rolls In The Bread Machine
- Must Have Thanksgiving Side: Pumpkin Thyme Rolls
- Must Have Whole Grain Dinner Rolls
- Super Yummy: Savory Sausage Spinach and Artichoke Bread Pudding
- Homemade Pigs In A Blanket
- Fall Favorites: Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Stop Everything And Make These Spring Onion And Cheddar Scones Right Now
- Simple Southern Gluten Free Cornbread
- Aunt Marie’s Dinner Rolls
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Two-Hour Buns
- Bread Machine Butter Rolls
- Secret To A Tasty Plate Of Fried Rice!
- Fast and simple baked chicken with apple and strawberry
- Simple Homemade Pizza
- Simple Popovers
- Simple Turkey Chili Crock-Pot Recipe
- Bread Machine Apple Breakfast Buns