Drew Barrymore spent some time in Kenya this past summer to help fight hunger. Traveling with the World Food Programme, Barrymore visited the East African country to see how her own organization, The Drew Barrymore Education Project has made an impact on the community.
Between Barrymore's foundation and the WFP, more children in a northern Kenyan village called Kiltamany have food to eat, and water is more accessible. WFP says they are currently helping to feed 3 million people in Kenya, but because of the current drought, that isn't nearly enough.
In addition to the hunger relief and clean water, the organizations are working towards building schools.
- Drew Barrymore Quits Vegetarian Diet
- Drew Barrymore Takes Cooking Lessons to Prep for Married Life
- Drew Barrymore Brings Her Own Crackers to Lunch
- Drew Barrymore Serves Her Own Wine at Wedding
- Drew Barrymore's Pregnancy Diet
- Drew Barrymore: 'Wine is About Tradition'
- Drew Barrymore Talks Food in LA
- Drew Barrymore Launches Her Own Wine
- An Indian Farmer Commits Suicide Every 30 Minutes
- Dumpster Diving to Feed the World?