Eating Low Carb and finding the time for a great breakfast can be a challenge! On weekday mornings as you are juggling the multiple tasks that need to be done, the last thing you may do is take the time to start your day off with protein. So start the day off right: here are 5 make ahead and freeze items that will send you on your way with a smile on your face. Select high quality cheese for these recipes-you deserve it!
Note: Many recipes instruct you to grind up almonds in a food processer but it is preferable to buy blanched almond flour for consistency in texture and moisture. JK’s Gourmet Almond Flour (also on Amazon) and Lucy’s Kitchen Shop sell superb almond flours. The price may seem high but you use so little almond flour in recipes that it does last a long time. Keep the flour in the freezer and store 2 cups or so in a mason jar –or similar- in the refrigerator.
Sausage, Mushrooms and Feta with Eggs
Kalyn uses low fat sausage but don’t feel this is a must–use your favorite sausage and enjoy!
All leftover vegetables make a great frittata this is one of my favorites. Please note the recipes says “serves 4” but I easily divide this into 6 generous servings.
Chive Ricotta Frittata
I love this recipe! With only 3 ingredients, this is simplicity at its best.
Scrambled Egg Muffins
Make up a batch or two on the weekends and freeze 2 muffins to a baggie for a quick, wholesome 2 egg breakfast.
Cottage Cheese Muffins
The original recipe calls for soy flour –which is also low carb -instead of wheat flour or increase the almond flour* by a ¼ cup. Have fun with this recipe switch out the dried tomatoes with sausage bits or bacon or perhaps roasted garlic and pesto.
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Must Try! Chicken Under a Brick
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Steamed Artichokes with Roasted Pepper Aioli
- Low Carb Mustard Recipes
- Fresh Summer Salads
- Thanksgiving Entertaining - DIY Molded Butter
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- Low-Carb and the Big C
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Mustard & Thyme Butter
- Savory Pumpkin Entree
- Chicken Breast with Tarragon Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Caper Cream Sauce
- Enchilada Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Sugar Free Gluten Free Mini Peppermint Cream Puffs
- Gluten Free Pumpkin & Pepita Coffee Cake
- Turkish Eggs
- Pesto Zucchini "Spaghetti"