Yesterday was the 5$ challenge from Slow Food USA. Gather with family and friends and serve healthy and delicious "value meals" which cost no more than 5$ a person. I hope that this array of healthy and delicious recipes will inspire people, and help them realize that you do not need to break the bank to feed your family nourishing meals.
These foodies chose to have a picnic at Mission Dolores Park in the city by the bay. They dined on arugula salad with beans, feta, and heirloom tomatoes. They also enjoyed some fancy cucumber sandwiches.
The Harvest Hills Farm chose to make a Tuscan inspired chemical-free beef roast in the crock pot. That's slow cooking at it's finest.
These Slow Fooders not only made pasture raised chicken, fresh Brussels sprouts, and salad, but they did it in only 15 minutes.
This organic Caribbean black bean and sweet potato soup came in at only $1.68 per serving.
An Asian inspired feast of kimchi, rice, and poached egg left room for some decadent dark chocolate for dessert.
- 5 Fab Frittatas
- A Celebration Most Eggcellent
- Must Try! Chicken Under a Brick
- Fresh Summer Salads
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Around the World in 5 Burgers
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Around the World in 4 BBQs
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Slow Cooker 15 Bean and Ham Hock Soup
- Strawberry Cream Smoothie
- Frozen Banana Yogurt
- Fresh Banana Ice-cream with Coconut
- Flourless Honey Almond Cake Without Eggs
- Delicious Strawberry Cake
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies