Gratins list among my favorite autumn dishes - based on a French technique, vegetables are thinly sliced, layered in a shallow baking dish, and covered with cream and cheese or breadcrumbs and baked until golden brown. (I know, not really a low-calorie side dish -- but on the upside, it's so filling, you can adjust portions accordingly.) High-ranking in the comfort food category, gratins are super easy and often naturally gluten free (note: this is not to say you shouldn't interrogate your waiter, provided it's on the menu!) or easily adapted. Here are 5 of my favorite vegetable gratin recipes for you to bake and enjoy! Happy Meatless Monday!
Gluten free & delicious!
Potato Gratin with Gruyere and Thyme
Gluten free? Be sure to substitute 1 c. gluten free bread crumbs for this recipe.
Naturally gluten free, this simple gratin of potatoes, garlic and cream is comfort food at its finest.
Potato & Beet Gratin
For added fun, use rainbow beets to "tie dye" your recipe!
Fennel & Apple Gratin
Again, be sure to substitute gluten free breadcrumbs if you're so inclined!
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Meatless Monday: Best Zucchini Gratin
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- What You Didn't Know About Quinoa & A Recipe
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Butternut Squash Gratin - gluten free, soy free, vegan
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Vegetable and Herb Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- Creamy Cashew Garlicky Sage Sauce
- Southwestern Tortilla Soup
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Old School Vegan Egg Salad
- Baked Chickpea & Chili Koftas in a Hot Jalfrezi Curry Sauce
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Latin Style Kale Pesto