If you speak German, you're probably quite appalled at that word choice. In German, "ficken" means "fucking." The German Patent and Trademark Office initially rejected the application because they said it was "socially offensive."
A higher court, however, found "nothing ‘sexually discriminatory’ or offensive to public morals about the name at all" and allowed the company to register it. They have also created a line of t-shirts, hats, underwear and even condoms to promote their product.
What do you think of the court's decision?
- Woobo International Set to Release Gangnam-Style Vodka
- Prescription Rx Shot Glasses Will Allow You to Self-Medicate
- Anheuser-Busch Wants to Trademark Area Codes for Regional Brews
- Maker's Mark Red Wax Seal Ruled a Valid Trademark
- Does Mommy Need a Glass of Wine?
- Profane Sandra Lee Outtakes Resurface
- Should the Naughty Nando's Little Hotties Commercial Be Censored?
- The Scizza Pizza Cutter Allows You to Cut the Cheese
- Christmas Candy: DIY Naughty Christmas Coal
- Cocoon Cooker Allows You to Grow Meat.