Though they have locations in 31 countries around the world, ranging from Pakistan to Aruba to Brunei, Dunkin' Donuts is not ready to expand into California— yet. The coffee and donut chain announced plans to expand into the west last month, but apparently those plans do not include California.
Dunkin' enjoys what the company calls "cult status" in the Northeast, where the chain was founded. Right now, about half of the company's stores are located outside of the Northeast. The current expansion plans will stop in New Mexico to the disappointment of Californian fans of the chain.
“As we expand our footprint across the U.S., it will be part of our strategy, but for now, we don’t have a time set for California,”John Dawson, chief development officer for Dunkin’ Brands, told the Los Angeles Times. “But when we enter, we’re going to enter strong, and it’ll be something very few people will miss.”
There is Dunkin' branded coffee available in California stores.
Is anyone disappointed by the lack of California Love from Dunkin' Donuts?
I expect this guy is bummed. He drove six hours from California to Phoenix in search of Dunkin Donuts, but found it closed.
- Dunkin Donuts to Expand in Europe
- Dunkin' Donuts 'Flavor Radio' Bus Ad will Wake You Up with the Scent of Coffee
- McDonald's China to Open One Restaurant a Day by 2015
- Dunkin' Donuts App Lets You Buy a Buddy Coffee
- Buy Virtual Dunkin' Donuts in the Sims Social Facebook Game
- Weird Wednesday: £8.99 Cheerios, Coffee Shop Etiquette and a Colander-Wearing Pastafarian
- 3 High Calorie Holiday Drinks
- State Lawmaker Pulls Gun At Dunkin Donuts
- Dunkin' Donuts is Testing Gluten-Free Products
- The TurDunkin is a Sweet Spin on Holiday Turkey
- Button Mushrooms stuffed with minced meat with lemon basil and grapes.
- Olivier salad: simple salad recipe you will love
- Vegan spicy sautéed mushrooms in 10 minutes.
- Buckwheat and pork soup
- Healthy Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
- Devil's Food Cake Recipe
- Fall in Love
- Steamed fishballs with lemon basil
- Delicious homemade pasta with fried pork and fresh lemon basil
- How to Make Chatpati Papdi Chaat