Rock band Train becomes the latest musical group to launch their own wine line. Their first product is the "Drops of Jupiter" 2009 Petit Syrah, made as a collaboration with Concannon Vineyard. Their company is called the "Save Me San Francisco Wine Co."
"My name is Jimmy Stafford. I'm in the band Train and I happen to like wine. I don't have a particular favorite wine, but I'll never turn down a great Petite Sirah. That is why we created this fruit-forward, instantly lovable red. The minute you uncork the bottle, the boysenberry fruit leaps from your glass. With soft, supple tannins, this wine is great with food or without. And I like it at cellar temperatures to allow the flavors to evolve in the glass," the band's guitarist wrote.
A portion of the wine's sales will benefit Family House, an organization that provides temporary housing for seriously ill children.
- Motorhead Shiraz is the Latest Addition to the Rocker Wine Club
- Dave Matthews Releasing his Own Wine Collection
- Trendwatch: Bike Shops and Cafes
- Slayer Launches Heavy Metal Wine
- Starbucks, Con Agra Foods Compete In Battle of the Corporate Bands
- Illegal Fungicide Found In Orange Juice
- Hanson Releases Beer Line
- Baird/Ishii/Stone Japanese Green Tea IPA Benefits the Japanese Red Cross Society
- The Traveling Gin Co. is a Bar on a Bike
- One Direction Request British Food on Tour
- Petite Tomato Salad Tartar
- Fresh Fig Cake With Amaretto Fig Compote And 2 Great Dessert Wines
- Beef Empañadas & Romesco Sauce
- Cheese Tray
- Salmon Over Fusilli & Rapini With Lemon-Wine Sauce
- Creamy Chicken, Lime, And White Bean Chili
- Train Wreck
- You get ripped when you have a training program that is perfect for you
- Fresh Fig, Walnut, Rosemary Upside Down Cake And A Crisp Citrusy Chardonnay
- Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Marsala-Port Sauce