This bottle cap self-portrait by Mary Ellen Croteau is a poignant pointillist art piece that draws attention to our reliance on plastic bottles and reluctance to recycle them. Croteau used thousands of bottle caps to create the piece, which measures 8 feet by 7 feet.
Croteau says that she was partially inspired by artist Chuck Close, who uses shapes of color to create a larger portrait. What do you think of the bottle cap self-portrait and the eco statement it makes?
- Self Pop Tart Swaps Camera Phones for Toaster Pastries in Self-Portraits
- Recycle Soda Bottles Into Schools
- LA Bans Plastic Grocery Bags
- Ziploc Introduces Bag Recycling Campaign
- Plastic Bottle Christmas Tree Lights Up Lithuania
- Luchador Bottle Opener Chokes Your Bottle's Cap
- BYOB - Bring Your Own Bag
- Reusable Snack Bags Are Perfect For Packing Lunches
- Life Changing Bottle Cap
- The Bottle Cap Nautilus is an Eco Cephalopod Sculpture