Jarius Wynn, a defensive end for the Green Bay Packers, recently shared his in-season diet with CNN Eatocracy. So what does a 285-pound NFL player eat before a game? The day before, Wynn says, "[I eat] something light like pasta or fish. Carbs for energy. I try not to eat too much. I drink lots of water -- about five or six bottles."
On game day, Wynn eats with his teammates about three and a half hours before the game. "We have pasta, grilled chicken, maybe a piece of salmon, green beans and a banana," he said. "Also, water or sports drink." While he's in season, he stays away from caffeine and fried foods, but he does allow himself a cheat day on Tuesdays.
During the offseason, Wynn's diet isn't as strictly governed. He takes a three-week diet vacation in which he eats soul food and other cuisine before getting back on track. Read the rest of the interview here.
- Foods Drew Brees Can't Live Without
- The Glowing Green Smoothie
- Celebrity Trainer Bob Greene says 'Don't Give Up Fat'
- Green Smoothie with Banana
- Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern Diet Revealed
- Ryan Seacrest's Favorite Green Drink
- Cee Lo Green to go on Major Diet
- Bob Greene Shares Nutrition Advice
- Martha Stewart Stays Healthy With Greens
- Skinny Green Smoothie
- Brown Sugar Sponge Cookie w/ Chocolate Covered Caramels
- Broccoli florets with Gorgonzola dressing
- Crisp Summer Green Bean Salad with Walnuts and Cranberries
- Thai Pork with Spicy Green Beans
- Packers and Movers in Delhi
- Red Palm Oil, Fish Fillet with Mushrooms & Kale.
- Mustard Greens With Lentils
- Green Salad With Lime Dressing
- Green Spaghetti Sauce
- Baked Green Peppers and Onions