There is more than one way to skin an apple, or at least make sauce with it. Get creative, add ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and/or cloves to any of these recipes.
To make a more nutrient dense treat; you can stir in some hemp, chia, or flax meal to balance the sweetness and add some healthy fat and protein.
Always choose organic apples, since they are #1 on the EWG Dirty Dozen list.
I'm a huge fan of slow cooking, but I suggest skipping the 3 tbsp of brown sugar. Perhaps use a tsp or two of coconut palm sugar, maple syrup, or a few drops of stevia.
This is essentially mashed baked apples. It's genius in its simplicity.
Pretty simple stove top sauce.
- Copycat Recipes: Mamma Chia Squeeze Pouches
- Sundae Sunday
- Super Simple Date Bombs
- Quickie Paleo Cookies for Wheatless Wednesday
- Super Sunday Grain Free Zucchini Muffins
- Ingredient of the Week: Chia Seeds
- Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Wheatless Wednesday: 5 Fab Back to School and Beyond Snacks
- Healthy Desserts: Banana Coconut Chia Seed Pudding