Clam chowder (chow-dah, for those who are wondering) is a classic comfort food. Originating in the Northeast, this simple, hearty soup is perfect for a cozy meal at home in front of the fire. Rich, creamy broth, packed with potatoes, veggies and creamified with heavy cream, nothing can compare to fresh New England style chowder served in a fresh sour dough bowl. On the other hand, fresh clams and a spicy tomato broth are what make Manhattan style chowder famous fare. While those of us with Celiac disease (or another type of gluten sensitivity) know that thick, creamy soups are more often than not on the "no" list, but not always. here are 2 great recipes to get your through the winter.
Vineyard Clam Chowder
A classic recipe straight from the Cape, this rich and creamy soup is naturally gluten free.
Manhattan Clam Chowder
A rich and spicy broth are the foundation of this recipe, making for a lighter (but equally hearty!) alternative to it's thick and creamy New England cousin.
- Top 5 Corn Chowder Recipes
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Best Ever Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir & Hibiscus
- Gluten Free Pecan Pie 3 Ways
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- 5 Greatest Gluten Free Cornbread Recipes
- Light Clam Chowder (and product giveaway!)
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Steamed Clams for an easy summer appetizer.
- Steamed Clams 2
- Clam and Garlic Tortilla Pizza
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Gluten Free Frosted Pumpkin Doughnuts
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Thanksgiving Holiday Stuffing - gluten free, vegan