Clam chowder (chow-dah, for those who are wondering) is a classic comfort food. Originating in the Northeast, this simple, hearty soup is perfect for a cozy meal at home in front of the fire. Rich, creamy broth, packed with potatoes, veggies and creamified with heavy cream, nothing can compare to fresh New England style chowder served in a fresh sour dough bowl. On the other hand, fresh clams and a spicy tomato broth are what make Manhattan style chowder famous fare. While those of us with Celiac disease (or another type of gluten sensitivity) know that thick, creamy soups are more often than not on the "no" list, but not always. here are 2 great recipes to get your through the winter.
Vineyard Clam Chowder
A classic recipe straight from the Cape, this rich and creamy soup is naturally gluten free.
Manhattan Clam Chowder
A rich and spicy broth are the foundation of this recipe, making for a lighter (but equally hearty!) alternative to it's thick and creamy New England cousin.
- Top 5 Corn Chowder Recipes
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Best Ever Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir & Hibiscus
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Gluten Free Pecan Pie 3 Ways
- Steamed Clams for an easy summer appetizer.
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Clam and Garlic Tortilla Pizza
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Cranberry Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream-gluten free, vegan
- Radish, Cucumber & Chive Salad
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Gingered Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Molten Brownie Cake -gluten/dairy/soy free