After cooking a batch of buttermilk pancakes, you are always left with at least a half carton of buttermilk that sits in the fridge until you throw it out.. Buttermilk can be used in various ways in a myriad of dishes. Here are five delicious recipes to use up that other half a carton.
Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken
Pieces of chicken are soaked in buttermilk to tenderize the meat before baking.
A classic southern recipe that is perfect for biscuits and gravy.
Low Fat Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
Forget buying bottled dressing. This blue cheese dressing is rich and tangy.
Buttermilk Coffee Cake
The buttermilk gives this coffee cake a tender crumb.
A sweet and tangy dessert that is best served at room temperature.
- Quick and Easy Grilled Biscuit Cheeseburgers
- Incredible Ice Box Pies for Summer
- Grilled BBQ Pork and Coleslaw Biscuit Sandwich
- How-To Recipe: Biscuits and Gravy
- Raw and Gluten-Free Key Lime Pie
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Adorable Apple Pie Baked Inside A Whole Apple
- Gluten Free Pecan Pie 3 Ways
- Easy as Pie Orange Cream Cheese Pie
- Farmhouse Chicken Pot Pie from Me, Myself and Pie
- Traditional Buttermilk Tea Biscuits
- Caramel Apple Slab Pie
- Classic Buttermilk Pie
- Mini Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Apple Pie Biscuits
- Vintage Recipe Project: Strawberry Sponge Pie
- Light and Creamy Avocado Buttermilk Dressing
- Coffee & Banana Pie (Pastel de Cafe y Bananos)
- Buttermilk Pound Cake