Here are five reasons why you should make your own taco seasoning (or any seasoning for that matter!):
1. It tastes better and is better for you (no funky additives or preservatives).
2. The spices are fresher which means they are richer in flavor and aroma.
3. It is cheaper than buying single serving seasoning packets.
4. You can use the taco seasoning for other dishes like chili.
5. You can customize your own blend to match your preferences.
Recipe from Back to her Roots
1 T. chili powder
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. onion powder
1/4 t. red pepper flakes
1/4 t. oregano
1/2 t. paprika
2 t. cumin
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Brown 1 pound of meat of your choice, add seasoning and 1/4 cup of water. Simmer until sauce has thickened, 2-3 minutes. Adjust salt and chili powder to your own tastes.
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!