Here are five reasons why you should make your own taco seasoning (or any seasoning for that matter!):
1. It tastes better and is better for you (no funky additives or preservatives).
2. The spices are fresher which means they are richer in flavor and aroma.
3. It is cheaper than buying single serving seasoning packets.
4. You can use the taco seasoning for other dishes like chili.
5. You can customize your own blend to match your preferences.
Recipe from Back to her Roots
1 T. chili powder
1/2 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. onion powder
1/4 t. red pepper flakes
1/4 t. oregano
1/2 t. paprika
2 t. cumin
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. black pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Brown 1 pound of meat of your choice, add seasoning and 1/4 cup of water. Simmer until sauce has thickened, 2-3 minutes. Adjust salt and chili powder to your own tastes.
- Meatless Mexican Tacos + Frozen Coconut-Mango Margaritas
- Mango Chili Pops for Cinco de Mayo
- Spice Up Your Life: 5 Make Your Own Spice Blends
- Tasty Taco Burgers
- Vegetarian Cinco de Mayo Recipes: Tofu Tacos
- Tropical Chicken Tacos and Other Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Recipes
- Taco Bell Releases Chocolate Taco Kit
- Taco Bell CEO Confirms the Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos is Close to Becoming a Reality
- Smokey Black Bean Soup
- Taco Tuesday: Black Bean and Corn Tacos
- Chili and Chocolate
- White Bean Chicken Chili
- Mexican Chocolate Chili made with "Xocai Healthy Chocolate"
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Smoky Chicken Tacos
- Carb Heaven Crispy Potato Tacos
- Spice Ball Cuisine Malin
- Mole Polano Sauce
- Chocolate Filet Mignon Meat Rub
- Chicken Legs and Thighs with a Garlic and Spice Rub