A delicious break from ordinary white or brown rice, wild rice has a crispy black husk and is packed with natural fiber and minerals, and makes for an excellent stuffing or salad! Wrapping up September, this week is National Wild Rice Week, so why not celebrate? Perfect for autumn, here are 5 of my favorite gluten free & vegetarian wild rice recipes to explore and love. Looking ahead to Thanksgiving yet? Any of these excellent dishes will serve as a fabulous side dish!
Roasted Butternut Squash and Wild Rice Salad
Classic autumn flavors in perfect harmony - dressed up with avocado, fresh coriander (cilantro) and a delicious dressing! Just be sure to use your favorite GF soy sauce. Dairy Free.
Rosemary, Goat Cheese & Wild Rice Salad
Creamy goat cheese, fragrant rosemary and crunchy wild rice with just a hint of garlic and a honey-lemon dressing make for an unforgettable salad.
Acorn Squash Boats with Wild Rice
Lightly sweet and creamy acorn squash halves are filled with wild rice and fresh herbs, topped off with toasted pumpkin seeds and bleu cheese - we have a winner!
Minnesota Wild Rice Soup
An all-American classic! Substitue corn starch or use your favorite GF flour blend to thicken the soup, or omit all together! Dairy Free Option: Use coconut cream!
Wild Rice Casserole
A new addition to the classic comfort foods list? I'm thinking yes! Substitue corn starch or use your favorite GF flour blend to thicken this recipe. Vegetarian Option: Use finely chopped mushrooms in place of the ground beef.
- Gluten Free Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Dairy Free GFCF
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookie Recipes - Allergy Friendly
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Caramelized Tofu With Rice Noodles
- Cuban Black Beans & Rice
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread
- Gluten Free Yellow Cake And Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Flour Tortillas