One thing that I enjoy about canning my own fruits, is that I can control the amount of sugar used in the syrup. For most of my fruits, I use a super light syrup. It is up to you.
Here is my recipe for making sugar syrup, from super light to heavy. I hope it is helpful!
To make syrup, bring ingredients to a boil over high heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
Super light - 1/4 cup sugar to 5 3/4 cups water, to make 6 cups
Extra light - 1 1/4 cups sugar to 5 1/2 cups water, to make 6 cups
Light 2 1/4 cups sugar to 5 1/4 cups water, to make 6 1/2 cups
Medium 3 1/4 cups sugar to 5 cups water, to make 7 cups
Heavy 4 1/2 cups sugar to 4 1/4 cups water, to make 7 cups
- How To Can Pears
- Pickled Brussels Sprouts
- Canning 101 - Get Pickled
- Make The Best Applesauce In The World
- How To Make The Best Applesauce In The World
- Delectable Chocolate-Orange Loaf
- Freezer Jam: 7 Ways
- BBQ Treat: Spicy Maple Fruit Kabobs
- 5 Stunning Thanksgiving Cranberry Desserts
- Thrifty Thursay: DIY Sorbet for the 4th