Brussels sprouts always get such a bad rap -- smelly, slimy, gross, hated by adults and children alike. While I have had my fair share of bad brussels sprouts experiences, I've never understood the general dislike and disgust associated with these tiny little cabbages. The sprouts themselves are the buds of a wild cabbage cultivar and related to broccoli, packed with fiber and tons of vitamins and minerals! The key is to buy and use them fresh, and if you can find them on the stalk (seen below), do it! Nearly every bad brussels sprouts experience I have had involved frozen sprouts! Roasted, baked, sauteed, shredded -- there are so many ways to prepare these healthy little veggies that it's amazing they are still ranked with lima beans. Here are 5 of my favorite brussels sprouts recipes, all gluten free, and sure to turn haters into lovers.
Brussells Sprouts Salad with Spiced Pecans and Gruyere
Simply roasted sprouts with sweet spiced and roasted pecans and salty Gruyere make an incredible autumn salad - perfect for entertaining.
Apricot Glazed Roasted Brussels Sprouts
It may sound odd, but this recipe is unbelievable! Apricot jam, a hint of lemon, dill and sweet roasted brussels sprouts are an amazing combination. Vegan/Dairy free.
Brussels Sprouts Salad with Olives, Roasted Peppers and Feta
A delicious Mediterranean on easy roasted Brussels sprouts.
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Figs
White wine, crispy-salty bacon, sweet-chewy figs and tender brussels sprouts are the foundation for this hybrid recipe. Dairy free.
Baked Brussels Sprouts with Creamy Parmesan
Seriously, if nothing else will win over you/your kids/spouse/best friend/neighbor, this recipe will! Brussels sprouts baked with cream cheese-parmesan mixture until crispy golden brown on the bottom and bubbling merrily on the top - a mouthwatering combination with spectacular results!
Brussels Sprouts on the Stalk
- Haters to Lovers 5 Best Cauliflower Recipes
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Caramelized Onions & Brussels Sprouts Soup
- Stewed Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Potatoes and Onions
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple Mung Bean Sprouts
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Brussels Sprouts With Walnuts and Dried Cranberries
- Wine-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Maple Glazed Acorn Squash & Brussel Sprouts with Toasted Pecans