Classic pub fare, fish and chips are one of the most popular take-away foods in the United Kingdom. Fish filets are battered, fried and served on a bed of chips (french fries), and available everywhere from stadiums and arenas to pubs and mobile stands. The first fish and chip shop opened in London in 1860 and it has been love ever since; as the British empire spread, so has a cultivated love for this golden-fried meal. Now, beer battered fish and chips aren't usually on the gluten free menu - with so many problem ingredients, sometimes it seems like this deep fried entree will be on the no-no list forever. For anyone else craving a colonial meal, here are 3 must-try recipes for this seafood favorite!
Beer Battered Halibut & Chips
My favorite combination!
Beer Battered Fish & Healthier Chips
This super simple recipe for fish fried tilapia and sweet potato chips makes for a healthier version!
Fish & Chips with Homemade Tartar Sauce
A revamped version of classic Cod & Chips, including a delicious tartar sauce recipe!
- Favorite Fall Chili Recipes, Gluten Free
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Gluten, Dairy + Sugar Free
- Julia Child's Classic Sole Meuniere
- 5 Best Tilapia Recipes
- 3 Simple Shrimp Recipes
- 5 Simply Delicious Salmon Recipes
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Oven Fish 'n' Chips
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Beer Batter Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Gluten Free Frosted Pumpkin Doughnuts
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins