Kale is definitly a super food, but is by no means a super hip food. While it is known for its nutritional properties -- an excellent source of iron, vitamin B6 and folate/folic acid, magnesium and vitamin C -- it's usually ranked right up there with collard greens as a "thanks, but no thanks" on the dinner table. Dark leafy greens are one of the healthiest groups of veggies to have in your diet on a regular basis, and while kale is widely associated with "health food", it's a seriously delicious green! Perfect for soups, salads, or turning into healthy chips, kale is a plentiful autumn and winter green that should absolutely find a way into your diet. Here are 5 of my favorite kale recipes, all gluten free and dairy free, to change your mind!
Kale & Sweet Potato Quesadillas
A super versatile recipe using two of autumns finest (and healthiest!) veggies, just be sure to use gluten free tortillas when you make your quesadillas! Vegan/Dairy free option.
Killer Kale Salad
This super simple salad will make you fall in love with fresh kale all over again. Creamy avocados, salty black olives and crisp cucumbers add a whole new dimension to this delectable salad. Raw and vegan. Not raw? Feel free to use toasted hazelnuts or pine nuts or pumpkin seeds! Yum!
Seared Chicken with Kale & Tomatoes
Spicy marinated chicken is seared and served atop wilted kale and warm tomatoes - a perfect dish to transition from warmer to cooler weather!
White Bean, Kale and Sausage Soup - Crockpot/Slow Cooker recipe!
A twist on a classic Italian white bean soup, this delicious version can be made with your choice of (GF) sausage and seriously cannot be any easier!
Garlicky Kale and Toasted Coconut Salad
Served over millet or quinoa, this tasty salad is all about umami -- toasted sesame oil, salty tamari, and nutty toasted coconut are a foodie force to be reckoned with.
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- 5 Sinfully Delicious Vegan Chocolate Desserts
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread
- Gluten Free Yellow Cake And Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Flour Tortillas
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Gluten Free Angel Food Cake