Persimmons are a classic autumn fruit. They taste almost like a mango dusted with cinnamon and the texture can range between mushy pudding, a firm tomato or as crunchy as an apple if not yet ripe. The key to purchasing and cooking with persimmons is selecting the right type -- generally, there are two types available: fuyu (non-astringent) and hachiya (astringent). Fuyu persimmons are round and squat like a tomato and are perfect for peeling and eating, baking, whether they are firm or quite soft. Hachiya persimmons, on the other hand, are heart shaped and "taller" than fuyu persimmons and are inedible until they are quite ripe and soft!
Enjoy this bread for breakfast or a healthy snack with apple butter, pumpkin butter or your favorite preserves!
Dairy Free Option: You can easily substitute non-dairy butter (like EarthBalance) or margarine and non-dairy milk (soy, rice, coconut) in this recipe with amazing results!
Click here for the Gluten Free Persimmon Walnut Bread recipe!
- Best Ever Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipes
- 5 Best Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipes
- Gluten Free Foodie Friday: 5 Recipes to Love
- Celiac Saturday: Gluten Free Crackers
- Happy Waffle Day!
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes - GFCF
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Sunday Baking: 3 Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Recipes
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Gluten Free Persimmon Walnut Bread
- Homemade Persimmon Pulp
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread
- 5 Minute Gluten Free Wonder Buns
- Tia's Treats
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Cranberry Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream-gluten free, vegan
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Orange Rosemary Cupcakes