Cauliflower always gets such a bad rap as a bland, boring white food -- and honestly, if you served it simply boiled or steamed, this isn't far from the truth. The key to cooking with cauliflower is knowing which flavors to pair with it! Cumin and cauliflower were simply made for each other! Cumin has a warm aroma and nutty, almost peppery flavor, which pairs well with cauliflower's naturally nutty and vegetal flavor -- a flavor similar to very mild broccoli. Roasting is my preferred method for cooking cauliflower -- the florets are cooked until tender while the edges turn a golden brown and become quite crisp!
Cauliflower, for being a white food, is also surprisingly high in nutritional value! Packed with dietary fiber, low in carbohydrates and a good source of folate (folic acid/vitamin B9) and vitamin C.
Maybe the best part of this recipe? It's gluten free, dairy free, low carb, diabetes friendly, vegetarian and vegan! So celebrate Vegetarian Awareness Month with this awesome autumn recipe.
Also check out this article for more cumin recipes: Spicy Saturday: Cumin - all gluten free and simply delicious!
Click here for the recipe: Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Allergy Friendly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways
- Fresh Summer Salads
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- Steamed Artichokes with Roasted Pepper Aioli
- Meatless Monday: Raw Recipe Roundup!
- Low Iodine Living: Day 1
- Must Try! Chicken Under a Brick
- Must-Try Vegan Recipe: Cauliflower Flatbread with Avocado and Hummus
- 3 Spectacular Spaghetti Squash Recipes, Gluten Free
- 5 Must Try Spaghetti Squash Recipes
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Savory Pumpkin Entree
- Mustard & Thyme Butter
- Caramelized Tofu With Rice Noodles
- Tofu Stuffed Peppers
- Egyptian Black Lentil Soup
- Chicken Breast with Tarragon Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Caper Cream Sauce
- Spicy Red Lentil Soup With Magic Potion
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Butter Cups