I love sourdough bread. There is nothing like the chewiness and savory tang of a good wild yeast, and there is something magical about making a loaf of bread out of a starter that I keep in the cupboard. This recipe makes one loaf, just enough to serve with a hearty stew at dinner.
Be warned however, if you make sourdough with only the starter, give yourself time for it to rise. I start mine in the morning, to bake in the early afternoon and still have time to cool enough for dinner. It's well worth it. Enjoy!
- Homemade Sourdough Bagel Recipe
- Sunday Baking: Homemade Crescent Rolls
- 5 Must Have Breads
- How To Make Sourdough Starter
- Oatmeal Bread
- Sunday Baking: Pumpkin Thyme Rolls
- Easter Brunch Essential: Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- Sunday Baking: Dinner Rolls
- 3 Dynamite Pretzel Recipes
- Sunday Baking: English Muffins