When they're not working with Google on a new beer, Dogfish Head Brewery is apparently listening to awesome music. The brewery announced they had created a new beer, called their "Faithful Ale," in honor of Pearl Jam's 20th year of playing music together.
Dogfish described the beer as a "Belgian-style golden ale is delicately hopped to 20 IBUs and fruit-forward from 10 incremental additions of black currants over a one-hour boil. Faithfull will clock in at 7% ABV."
"As an off-centered brewery, we believe in celebrating the breadth of our whole portfolio and we feel an affinity for Pearl Jam a long-player band in a singles-obsessed world," president and founder Sam Calagione said.
Along with "Faithful," Dogfish will re-release two previous music collaborations: the Miles Davis-inspired Bitches Brew and a Robert Johnson-inspired Hellhound on My Ale. All three beers will be distributed to states that currently stock Dogfish beer.
- Dogfish Head Brewing Uses Cinemagraphs to Promote Tweason'ale Strawberry Ale
- Game of Thrones Beer is Gearing for Production
- Coney Island Brewing Company is the World's Smallest Commercial Brewery
- Beer from the Bronx?
- Dark Horse Brewery Turns Down Nickelback Endorsement
- Craft Beer Hoping For Another Happy New Year
- Introducing Chick Beer
- Making Beer is Pretty Epic
- East Coast Restaurants Hit Hard by Hurricane Irene
- Senate Creates Small Brewers Caucus
- Dogfish Shrimp And Stir Fried Cabbage Fajitas With Sour Cream Dill Sauce
- Peach Plum Jam
- Caramel Apple Jam
- Wild Huckleberry Jam
- Easy shredded pie with cherries (or jam, or berries, anything)
- Quick Raspberry Jam
- Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
- Duck Breast with Dried Cranberries, Cream and Raspberry Jam
- Texas Hill Country Chili
- Roasted Aioli Pearl Potatoes