The art/entree consists of "venison topped with a date syrup" and is called "Spoils." It will be available in the restaurant until the end of November. Chef Kevin Lasko teamed up with Chicago-based artist Michael Rakowitz to create the plate.
Eater NY quotes a press release about the dish, "As symbols of the past, they represent the rich and complicated history of a place long misunderstood by its invaders. With over 627 varieties of dates grown in the country, the date is to Iraq as a cigar is to Cuba, or Champagne to France."
- Millesime Celebrates Entrance Opening with 1904 Prices
- South African Restaurant Ad Mocks Dictators
- Organic Avenue is Liv Tyler's Secret to Glowing Skin
- Artist Recreates Pippa Middleton in Crumpets for Beefeater Grill
- Whole Foods Parking Lot Video
- Ball Park and Oscar Mayer Wiener War Kicks Off in Court
- The Whole Foods Parking Lot
- Whole Foods Parking Lot: Revenge of the Black Prius
- Whole Foods Parking Lot: Berkeley Remix
- Cookie Artist Makes Oreo Portrait