Several days ago we told you about an outbreak of listeria in lettuce. That followed news of a massive outbreak of listeria in cantaloupes from one farm in Colorado. Unfortunately that original listeria outbreak continues to grow and worsen, as the recalls continue to expand.
At least 21 people have died after being infected with listeria from the cantaloupes. Experts believe that number will continue to grow. There have been 109 confirmed illnesses from the tainted fruit, including the 21 deaths, across 23 states.
There have been five deaths in Colorado, five in New Mexico, two in Texas, two in Kansas and one each in Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska and Oklahoma.
The FDA also announced a recall of 4,800 packages of pre-cut fruit containers because the cantaloupe within them could be contaminated. Fruit Fresh Up, Inc. prepared the fruit containers using cantaloupes from the farm where the outbreak originated. The containers were only sold in New York State. Another reason to prepare your fruit salads at home!
- Deli Meat Contaminated with Listeria Recalled
- Potentially Listeria Contaminated Salmon Recalled
- Listeria in Cantaloupe Outbreak Worst Since 1924
- Listeria in Cantaloupe Has Killed 8
- Food Recall: Cool Creations LLC - Multiple Products
- Lettuce Recall for Listeria
- Listeria In Cantaloupe Sickens 14, Kills 1
- Listeria In Manufactured Food Products; How Does It Happen?
- Nestle Recalls Chocolate Nesquik for Salmonella Contamination
- Wegmans Recall Foods Containing Gills Onions
- Kande Pohe Recipe
- Authentic Bang Bang Chicken
- Berry Good Brie
- Nutty Buffalo Chicken
- Caesar Salad In A Bag
- Ramen Pad Thai
- Authentic Beef Noodle
- Happy Thanksgiving Week! - Grill Zuchinni, Yellow Squash & Pomegranates Salad
- Buckwheat and pork soup
- Healthy Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.