Some of my favorite desserts are from Latin America. I love the use of cinnamon and sweet caramel , dulce de leche, in their desserts.
Churros are not just fair food. They can be made at home with the use of a zip top bag and a star pastry tip. The dough is cooked before hand and then fried. When they are golden brown, roll them in cinnamon and sugar. If you are feeling adventurous add another spice like cardamon to the mix.
Alfajores are popular in South America. Two delicate butter cookies are sandwiched together with dulce de leche and sometimes rolled in coconut. You can make dulce de leche from boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk or buy it jarred from the supermarket.
Arroz con Leche
This thick rice pudding is made with short grain rice. The starch from the rice makes this dessert extra creamy. A sprinkling of cinnamon is the finishing touch.
- Arroz con Leche (Rice Pudding)
- Sunday Baking: Cinnamon Chocolate Churro Cupcakes
- Crazy Good Chocolate Alfajores
- Candy Filled Alfajores Contain a Sweet Surprise
- Awesome Argentinian Dulce De Leche Cookies
- As Sweet As Dulce de Leche
- Crazy Good Chocolate Churros
- Chocolatey Churro Bites
- Outrageous Oreo Churros
- Churro Waffles are Cin-fully Sweet