In 2009, there were no food blogger conferences to attend. Fast forward two years and now there are a handful worth considering. The International Food Blogger Conference, the first to emerge in the food blogging world, is the perfect event for you if you want to:
- Spend three days in a culturally rich city
- Meet others who share your passion for food, writing, and technology
- Feel inspired and supported while learning the latest techniques and trends in food, photography, and media
- Enhance your blog, your brand, or your business
IFBC stands apart from other blog conferences because of its focus on outstanding food and drink. Of course, we want to be engaged by the educational sessions and noteworthy speakers, including leaders like James Oseland of Saveur, documentarian Morgan Spurlock, Ruth Reichl, photographer Penny De Los Santos, and Victoria Von Biel. But at the heart of our drive in creating the conferences is the love of eating and drinking well, among friends. We want to taste the best local bites and sip the perfectly paired wines, beers, and cocktails. These conferences, unlike any others, value food and the culinary uniqueness of each new city.
To show you how delicious IFBC can be, take look back at IFBC in New Orleans this past August. Below is a peek at the menu from the Friday evening reception, featuring just 7 of the 20 best Big Easy chefs and restaurants:
La Petite Grocery, Chef Justin Devillier
Chilled corn soup with hearts of palm
Pork cheeks with tomato jam
Ste. Marie, Chef Chris Foster
Spicy tuna tartare with avocado mousse, coriander, grilled country bread
Rabbit ragu with house-made pappardelle, parmesan
Sylvain, Chef Sean McCusker
Shaved brussels sprouts with apples, pecorino, hazelnuts
Chicken liver crostini with Maras Farm’s sprouts, dandelion gastrique
The Grill Room, Chef Drew Dzejak
Gluten free gulf shrimp dip
Gluten free Louisiana crab dip in endive
Shrimp & orzo
Sucre, Chef Tariq Hanna
Black truffle hazelnut macaroon ‘PoPs’
Local honeyed rice cream parfait
GW Fins, Chef Tenney Flynn
Gluten free bite sized chocolate bombes- white & dark chocolate mousse on a base
of flourless chocolate cake, covered in chocolate ganache
If you love food and the company of enthusiastic eaters, we hope to see you at IFBC in Santa Monica, California November 11-13!
- IFBC SaMo Speaker Announced: Ann Gentry!
- IFBC SaMo Chef & Keynote Speaker Announced: Michael Moore!
- IFBC SaMo Speaker Announced: Kimberly Morales!
- IFBC SaMo Speaker Announced: Lisa Ekus!
- IFBC SaMo Speaker Announced: Kathleen Flinn!
- IFBC SaMo Speaker Announced: Ashley Koff!
- IFBC SaMo Speaker Announced: Martha Holmberg!
- IFBC SaMo Speaker Announced: Tomer Chernia!
- IFBC SaMo Speaker Announced: Amelia Saltsman!
- IFBC Santa Monica Scholarships Available!