If you read nothing else today, read this article by former Chicago Sun-Times food critic Pat Bruno. Just last month, the Chicago newspaper fired Bruno after more 27 years. Now, Bruno reveals that he has been battling brain cancer for the past couple of years.
The saddest part of Bruno's struggle is that the cancer was probably caused by a food-borne disease. He doesn't bemoan the fact, though, and shows tremendous courage through his struggle.
Just read it.
- Low Iodine Living: Day 6
- Low Iodine Living: Day 8
- Weird Wednesday Must-Reads: Insect Cuisine, Gold Food and Culinary Couture
- Low Iodine Living: Day 7
- Weird Wednesday: Today's Must-Reads
- 5 Weird Wednesday Must-Reads
- Today's Weird Wednesday Must-Reads
- Weird Wednesday Must-Reads: Mischa Barton's Raw Meat Photo Shoot, a New Heart Attack Grill and Bacon Hacks
- 2 Must Read Articles Ahead of Groupon IPO
- Amuse Bouche: 5 Must Reads for Eaters