In August, I wrote about Chef Jack Lee of Chinoise Catering and his $100 egg roll, which used to contain shark fin. (I also posted his response to my article, in which he announced that he has omitted shark fin from his company's ingredient list.) At his latest seven-course tasting called "Beyond the Seven Seas," Chef Lee unveiled an all-new $100 egg roll, and it's a doozy.
With Maine lobster tail, gold leaf, Sevruga caviar, summer black truffle and Alaskan king crab meat, the $100 egg roll is an opulent item, to say the least. Another item featured at the tasting was sea bass with rice noodle and asparagus art scrolls infused with scallion soy sauce. Read more about Chef Lee and Chinoise Cuisine here, and check out a video from the event below.
Disclosure of Business Relationship: I am a freelance writer and wrote a press release for Chef Lee about this event for circulation. Regardless, in my work for Foodista, I only write about individuals and news stories that I believe will be interesting to Foodista readers. I'm disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
- EXCLUSIVE: Chef Jack Lee Catering Agency Omits Shark Fin From Menu
- L.A. Catering Agency Debuts $100 Lobster Egg Roll Stuffed With Shark Fin
- How to Recipe: Chinese Spring Rolls
- How-To Recipe: Vegetable Egg Rolls
- Awesome Avocado Egg Rolls
- 5 Homemade Egg Rolls You Have To Try
- Quick and Easy Guacamole Egg Rolls
- 5 Greatest Gluten Free Cornbread Recipes
- Quick and Easy: Homemade Egg Roll
- Easy Japanese 10 minute Chicken and Egg Bowl
- Mother Rimmy's Take On Egg Rolls
- Roasted Asparagus with Egg Salad
- Vegetarian Chinese Egg Rolls
- Braised Pork Bellies With Abalone In Claypot
- Mexican Baked Eggs
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Bread Machine Apple Breakfast Buns
- Chicken With Red Glutinous Rice Wine Lees (Hong Zao Ji - 红槽鸡)
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- Baked Egg Rolls, With a Twist