The Obamas held an official state dinner last night in honor of President Lee Myung-bak and First Lady Kim Yoon-ok of the Republic of Korea at the White House. White House chefs prepared a meal that included aspects of both cultures. Take a look at the menu, which celebrates the fall harvest, below:
First course: Butternut squash bisque, honey poached cranberries, Virginia cured ham, pumpkin seed praline, crème fraiche.
Second course: Early fall harvest salad on daikon sheets, masago rice pearl crispies, rice wine vinaigrette.
Main course; Texas Wagyu beef, orange-ginger fondue, sauteed kale, roasted kabocha squash.
Dessert: Chocolate malt devil’s food layers with pear and almond brittle.
Also, check out this behind-the-scenes look from the White House kitchen as they prepare for the dinner.
- Menu for Angela Merkel's White House Dinner
- Let's Have Farmageddon at the White House
- Barack Obama Confirms Release of White House Beer Recipe
- Awkward Moment for President Obama at Royal Dinner
- Barack and Michelle Obama Dine at BLT Steak
- Download Free White House Cookbook
- White House Produces Record Honey Crop
- Obama's State Dinner Menu Includes Four Courses and Lots of Wine
- Rachael Ray Grills Veggies at the White House
- White House Releases Honey Beer Recipes
- Herbs Rack of Lamb with White Bean ANd Rosemary Ragout
- Maeun Bulgogi 매운 불고기 (Spicy Korean Barbecue Beef)
- Tofu Katsu 두부 까스
- Soon Dubu Jjigae (Spicy Soft Tofu Stew)
- KIMCHI JJIGAE (SPICY KIMCHI STEW W PORK)
- Korean-Spiced Frango Piri Piri
- CARBONARA TTEOKBOKKI (RICE CAKES IN CREAM SAUCE)
- Gochu Jeon (Stuffed Chili Peppers)
- Salmon and Pasta with White Wine Sauce topped with Arugula Salad
- Buckwheat and pork soup