Fall is a time for sweet pears and tart apples. These five pear dessert highlight the fruit's complexity and show off the various ways a pear can be cooked. Try one of these desserts and you may find that you have a new favorite fruit.
Poached Pears with Blackberry Honey Creme Fraiche
If blackberries are not available, use frozen berries or berry preserves.
Cinnamon Pear Galette
A free formed pie that is perfect for impromptu entertaining.
Pear and Jalapeno Jelly Pie
The sweet and spicy jalapeno jelly is a nice and unexpected complement to the fruity pear.
Spiced Apple and Pear Shortcakes
If you are missing the summer berry shortcakes, this dessert will chase away your woes and make you smile.
Pear and Cranberry Crisp with Gingersnap Crumble
This is a great dessert to serve at Thanksgiving dinner.
- Strawberry Shortcake Macarons and Other French Desserts for Bastille Day
- Seasonal Eating: Strawberry Galette
- 4 Ways to Enjoy Strawberry Shortcake
- 4th of July Berry Shortcakes
- Celiac Saturday: Tarts & Galettes
- Too Good To Be True Tofu Berry Shortcake
- Mother's Day Dessert: Strawberry-Rhubarb Shortcake
- Must-Make Meyer Lemon Shortcakes
- Incredible Ice Box Pies for Summer
- Scrumptious Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes