Fall is a time for sweet pears and tart apples. These five pear dessert highlight the fruit's complexity and show off the various ways a pear can be cooked. Try one of these desserts and you may find that you have a new favorite fruit.
Poached Pears with Blackberry Honey Creme Fraiche
If blackberries are not available, use frozen berries or berry preserves.
Cinnamon Pear Galette
A free formed pie that is perfect for impromptu entertaining.
Pear and Jalapeno Jelly Pie
The sweet and spicy jalapeno jelly is a nice and unexpected complement to the fruity pear.
Spiced Apple and Pear Shortcakes
If you are missing the summer berry shortcakes, this dessert will chase away your woes and make you smile.
Pear and Cranberry Crisp with Gingersnap Crumble
This is a great dessert to serve at Thanksgiving dinner.
- Seasonal Eating: Strawberry Galette
- 4th of July Berry Shortcakes
- Celiac Saturday: Tarts & Galettes
- Mother's Day Dessert: Strawberry-Rhubarb Shortcake
- Must-Make Meyer Lemon Shortcakes
- Sunday Baking: Classic Strawberry Shortcake
- Scrumptious Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- Incredible Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- Phyllo Apple and Pear Pie
- Ricotta and Pear Cake from Southern Italian Desserts