October 17, 2011
This hearty and fall-inspired salad is the perfect dish for Meatless Monday. Quinoa is super seed that is packed with fiber, protein, and tons of vitamins and minerals. Roasting the cauliflower as opposed to blanching it gives the vegetable so much character. It becomes caramelized which adds a slight sweetness. If you are feeling adventurous, toss the cauliflower with some aromatic spices like coriander, cumin, or curry powder. This is a dish you will want to make over and over again.
1 medium cauliflower
1 cup red quinoa
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup dried apricots
1/3 cup feta cheese
3 green onions, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
Preheat the oven to 400 F
Cut head of cauliflower into florets. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Roast cauliflower for 20 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, crumble the cheese and chop the rest of the ingredients.
Mix them all together, drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and juice from 1/2 a lemon, season to taste.
Serve warm or cold.
- Meatless Monday: Quinoa Meatball Subs
- Meatless Monday: Quinoa Veggie Wraps
- Meatless Monday: Sweet and Sour Cauliflower with Pineapple
- Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Quinoa Soup
- Meatless Monday: Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Quinoa
- Meatless Monday: Red Quinoa and Lentil Burger
- Meatless Monday: Creamy Cauliflower Tomato Soup
- Meatless Monday: 5 Nourishing Veggie Meals
- Meatless Monday: Grilled Vegetable and Pineapple Salad
- Meatless Monday: Spinach Pesto Pasta Salad
- Beet Root Chops
- Healthy Quinoa Salad With Apricots and Almonds
- Cauliflower, Leek and Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Sweet and Crunchy Cruciferous Veggie Salad With Cauliflower and Broccoli
- Fried cauliflower.
- Red Quinoa and Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Vegetable and Herb Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- Chicken Salad With Quinoa and Apricot Vinaigrette
- Meatless Monday :: Vegetable Quesadilla
- Meatless Monday :: Creamy Vegetable Soup