Most of us grew up singing the playground song that begins with the phrase, "On top of spaghetti," and this On Top of Spaghetti cupcake from Disney's Hollywood Studios recalls that childhood memory beautifully. The cupcake appears on the Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano kids' menu, but it's fairly easy to make your own at home.
First, you'll need some chocolate cupcakes. Next, use a pastry bag with a thin tip to top the cupcakes with vanilla buttercream, and optionally add a touch of yellow food coloring to simulate pasta. Roll a round piece of chocolate cake in sprinkles to create the meatball, and drizzle the "pasta" and "meatball" with strawberry sauce to create the marinara. Finish the cupcake with white chocolate shavings. That doesn't sound nearly as hard as it looks!
- Top 10 Foodista Posts of January 2012
- 5 Deceptive Desserts
- The Pizza Cake is a Deceptively Delicious Dessert
- This Sushi Birthday Cake is a Deceptive Dessert
- How to Make Fondant Mickey Mouse Cupcake Toppers
- 6 Sweet Sets of Disney Princess Cake Pops
- Imnopeas' Cake Fries are a Deceptive Dessert
- Cinco de Mayo Chili Pepper Cake Pops are Deceptively Sweet
- Toy Story Cupcake Toppers Toon Up Any Treat
- Peppermint Candy Sugar Cookies are a Deceptive Treat
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Healthy Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Dairy-Free Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- Fudge Cake With Raspberry Peach Melba Topping
- Guava Filled Coconut Macaroons Topped With White Chocolate
- Blackberry-Topped Cake
- Sweet and Tart Lemon Bars
- Caramel Apple Pie Cupcakes