This refreshing cocktail is perfect for sipping on in the fall. Fresh apples and warm cloves permeate the wine to make it taste of the holidays. I prefer a dry sparkling wine for this cocktail because the fruit adds sweetness. This sangria can also be done with white wine, pears, and orange rind if you want to change up the flavor combinations. Give this drink a try, I think you are going to love it.
1 cup Brandy
1/4 cup Orange Liquor like Grand Marnier
6 bottles Sparkling White Wine like Cava or Prosecco
5 medium apples, cut into large circular slices (coring optional)
2 large lemons, thinly sliced
2 tsp whole cloves
3-4 Tbsp honey
a few sprigs of rosemary
This drink should be made a few hours before it is served.
Mix brandy and Grand Marnier with the honey until it dissolves the honey. Pour mixture into what you plan to serve the sangria from and add half of the lemon slices and half the cloves. Let this stand for at least a couple of hours.
When ready to serve, add sliced apples, remaining lemon slices and cloves, all sparkling white wine, and a few rosemary sprigs.
- 5 Thirst-Quenching Sangria Recipes
- Happy National Sangria Day!
- Styles of Sangria: How to Make Sangria and Mix It Up with Some Interesting New Ingredients
- Blissful Bellini for Mother's Day
- Wine GIVEAWAY Plus 7 Amazing Spanish Recipes
- 5 Simple Sangria Recipes
- 5 Spectacular Shellfish Recipes
- Underwater Wine, A Sparkling Story
- Summer doldrums and a perfect bowl of gazpacho
- Crazy Wine Pairings: Strawberries, Sardines, and Sparkling Rosé