Dan Aykroyd's Crystal Head Vodka is finally available in Ontario, Canada. Ontario, Aykroyd's home province, is the only place in North America that banned the actor's liquor, and they have finally lifted the ban that was originally placed because the province claimed the skull packaging violated a social-responsibility mandate.
"The public basically started a kind of letter-writing and web campaign to ask why it was not available. The consumer really pulled it through for us," Aykroyd explained. He added that to sell his vodka in Ontario, he had to make a few minor adjustments to the packaging.
The Ghost Busters star was in Toronto last week for the official in-store launch and even signed skull bottles for fans.
- 21,000 Bottles of Dan Aykroyd's Crystal Head Vodka Stolen
- 4 Unexpected Celebrity-Owned Liquor Brands
- Shaq to Release "Luv Shaq Vodka"
- Brain Teaser
- Justin Bieber Tweets for Ontario Food Bank
- Guy Fieri's Meat Variety Pack Available at Costco for a Hefty Price
- The Situation Promotes Protein Vodka
- Emeril Lagasse Heads to the Sunshine State
- Grodon Ramsay Heads to Bravo for New Show 'America's Best Restaurant'
- Dogfish Head Celebrates Pearl Jam in New Beer