Beautiful purple potatoes add a splash of color and a little fun into your cooking. You can find sweet and savory varieties of this colorful spud, usually available at hte farmer's market or ethnic markets. These five recipes may be the same thing you would do with a regular potato but I think it's always exciting to change it up.
Purple Potato Gnocchi
Making gnocchi is a fun kitchen project to do over the weekend.
Roasted Purple Potatoes
A simple side dish flavored with garlic and rosemary.
Purple Potato, Caramelized Onion, and Bacon Pizza
This unique pizza is bursting with flavor and color.
Purple Sweet Potato Fries
Purple sweet potato or Ube is popular in South Asian cultures especially in the Phillipines. Look for this potato at your local Asian market.
Purple Potato Vichyssoise
This French potato soup is delicious with homemade garlic croutons.
- Rustic Potato and Leek Soup
- Simple French Potato and Leek Soup
- Greek Fennel and Potato Salad
- Monday's 5 Must-Read Blog Posts
- How-To Recipe: Butternut Squash Gnocchi
- Hot German Potato Salad
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- 5 Eggplant Recipes From Around The World
- Meatless Monday: Roasted Summer Vegetable Sandwich
- Meatless Monday: Spinach Ricotta Quiche