Grits are a naturally gluten free classic Southern staple, both as a savory stick-to-your-bones breakfast food and as a tasty side dish. Traditionally served with shrimp, grits are essentially coarsely ground cornmeal that is cooked until soft, similar to polenta. Great as both a hearty breakfast alternative to hot cereal or as a delicious side dish, grits are relatively easy to prepare and perfect in a pinch! Here is a great roundup with 5 of my favorite vegetarian and gluten free Southern-style grits recipes!
Grilled Corn Grits
This super simple recipe adds a touch of sweet summer corn to traditional yellow grits!
Spicy Chipotle Greens with Buttermilk Grits
Kick things up a notch with chipotle-spiced greens (collard, mustard, kale, chard, beet greens - your choice!) over creamy-salty buttermilk grits - yum!
Creamy Grits with Crispy Leeks and Leek Jus and Cilantro-Epazote Pesto
This fabulous recipe not only walks you through a delicious side dish, but also includes how to make a quick Leek Jus sauce and homemade spicy pesto!
Cheesy Grits Chiles Rellenos with Roasted Tomato Gravy
Possibly the ultimate in Mexican comfort food, chiles rellenos get a makeover with Southern flair!
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Easiest Ever Gluten Free Lentil Fennel Artichoke Salad
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- Meatless Monday: Pasta with Sage & Grilled Tomatoes
- DIY Gluten Free Baba Ghanoush
- Meatless Monday: 5 Gluten Free Greek Recipes To Try
- 5 Perfect Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- Allergy Friendly Cooking: Gluten Free & Vegan Recipes
- Meatless Monday: Summer Squash with Mozzarella & Tomatoes
- Butternut Squash and Zucchini Lasagna-Gluten free, Vegan
- Walnut Lentil Burgers with Tarragon
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Butternut Squash Gratin - gluten free, soy free, vegan
- Stuffed Delicata Squash - gluten free, vegan
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Baked Chickpea & Chili Koftas in a Hot Jalfrezi Curry Sauce
- Easy Breakfast Cookie