Two Smith College professors, worried that students considered their logic classes too dry, gave them an interesting assignment: convince the campus that the school was going completely vegetarian and locavore. About one third of their students believed they had convinced the campus of the dining changes, supposedly passed in secret during a meeting with Trustees the previous weekend.
People from across campus protested and counterprotested the decision, even chalking slogans on the walkways of campus. At a student meeting, the dining services manager was attacked by students who were worried the lack of coffee would prevent them from doing well on their midterms.
“It wasn’t even drug-assisted,’’ Professor Jay Garfield said of the day the two hit on the idea. “We’re just brilliant and slightly weird.’
- Emeril Lagasse Movie Hoax
- Is Milking the New Planking?
- Funny or Die Leaks the Diplo Tour Rider
- Racist McDonald's Sign a Hoax
- Biggest Halloween Hoax Ever
- Invisible Driver Scares Drive-Through Employees
- Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos is Rumored to Release This Year
- Snooki Clears Up Diet Rumors
- Nasty Rumor Ruining British Restaurant
- Kate Middleton Refuses to Eat Peanut Paste, Sparks Pregnancy Rumors
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Golden Beets
- Sweet Potato Pizza
- Apple, Beet, Fennel, and Sunchoke Salad
- Fake White Castles
- Fake Jambalaya
- Fake Fried Egg
- Outrageous-Coconut-Cream Meringue Cake
- Mary Bogue's Outrageous Cranberries In Cabernet Sauvignon
- Grilled Ham, Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper Panini
- Caesar Salad In A Bag