Two Smith College professors, worried that students considered their logic classes too dry, gave them an interesting assignment: convince the campus that the school was going completely vegetarian and locavore. About one third of their students believed they had convinced the campus of the dining changes, supposedly passed in secret during a meeting with Trustees the previous weekend.
People from across campus protested and counterprotested the decision, even chalking slogans on the walkways of campus. At a student meeting, the dining services manager was attacked by students who were worried the lack of coffee would prevent them from doing well on their midterms.
“It wasn’t even drug-assisted,’’ Professor Jay Garfield said of the day the two hit on the idea. “We’re just brilliant and slightly weird.’
- Is Milking the New Planking?
- Emeril Lagasse Movie Hoax
- Racist McDonald's Sign a Hoax
- Biggest Halloween Hoax Ever
- Invisible Driver Scares Drive-Through Employees
- Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos is Rumored to Release This Year
- Chefs Predict Top 10 Food Trends in 2012
- Snooki Clears Up Diet Rumors
- Applebee's Food Truck Jumps the Shark
- Dine & Dish Infographic Proves Foodies Love to Share Photos