Acorn squash is one of my favorite autumn foods. Their green skin hides a heart of gold which pairs perfectly with salty, sweet and spicy flavors. From brown sugar and chili flakes to fresh herbs and toasted nuts, acorn squash is an amazingly versatile gourd, similar to butternut squash, with a creamy texture and subtle, nutty flavor. Easy to bake, roast, steam or grill, a small acorn squash easily serves one as an entree or two as a side, making it perfect for entertaining small parties! Here are 5 of my favorite gluten free acorn squash recipes, begging to make their way onto your Thanksgiving table!
Moroccan Style Stuffed Acorn Squash (pictured above!)
Roasted acorn squash with a super fragrant filling of cinnamon, golden raisins and pine nuts! Be sure to substitute wild rice or quinoa for the bulgur. Milk/dairy free.
Acorn Squash Risotto
A little sweet and incredibly creamy, this side dish is an elegant addition to your Thanksgiving table! Vegetarian.
Acorn Squash Stuffed with Sausage and Artichoke Hearts
An excellent side dish, starter or entree, this simple stuffed squash is perfect for entertaining!
Sweet 'n Spicy Roasted Acorn Squash
Seriously, nothing could be easier than this addictively delicious side or starter! Milk/dairy free & vegan/vegetarian.
Acorn Squash Stuffed with Persimmons, Pine Nuts, Chard & Sage
This amazingly aromatic dish is elegant and delicious! With a mouth-watering spicy-sweet filling and packed with healthy ingredients, this is definitely a must-try! Milk/dairy free & vegan/vegetarian.
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookie Recipes - Allergy Friendly
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Best Ever Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir & Hibiscus
- Maple & Curry Acorn Squash
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Cranberry Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream-gluten free, vegan
- Spiced Squash Bisque
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Baked Chickpea & Chili Koftas in a Hot Jalfrezi Curry Sauce
- Roasted Acorn Squash
- Easy Breakfast Cookie