New York City has launched a simple, but effective campaign to remind people of the health effects of just one can of soda. They've created several videos with quick facts about what soda consumption means for your health. In the one above, they reveal that you have to walk three miles from Union Square to Brooklyn just to burn off the calories from one 20 ounce soda.
In the video below, we learn that drinking one can of soda a day can cause you to pack on ten extra pounds in just one year.
Simple, but effective.
- Binge Drinking Costs America $224 Billion Annually
- Mountain Dew Now Saves Lives
- France Approves Tax on Soda
- Michael Jackson Soda Can Portrait Honors the King of Pop
- Discussing the New York Soda Ban And More With DRY Soda CEO Sharelle Klaus
- Foodborne Sickness: An Infographic On Top Causes And Recall Costs
- Diners Drinking More Tap Water At Restaurants
- Diet Coke Launches Can For Women
- 10 Most Sugary Breakfast Cereals
- Bill Clinton Supports the NYC Soda Ban