It's no secret that Victoria's Secret models need to be in great shape to get their wings. One such model, Adriana Lima, recently opened up about the lengths she goes through to prepare for a fashion show.
Lima says she began preparing her body for the upcoming fashion show back in August, nearly four months prior to the big day.
"It is really intense, it's not really the amount of time you spend working out, it's the intensity: I jump rope, I do boxing, I lift weights, but I get bored doing that. If I am not moving I get bored very easily."
The model also keeps in touch with a nutritionist who often prescribes her protein shakes made with powdered eggs and lots of vitamin supplements. She will also drink a gallon of water a day while she is training.
It is the few days before the show that are the most vital. For nine days before the televised fashion show, Lima will live off of only protein shakes and will stop eating solids altogether. Two days before the Victoria's Secret fashion show, the 30-year-old will stop drinking water in large amounts and drink as needed. 12 hours before the show, she will cut-off her water intake as well.
"No liquids at all so you dry out, sometimes you can lose up to eight pounds just from that," Lima admitted.
- Lily Aldridge's Victoria's Secret Diet
- Scarlett Johansson Reveals Fitness and Diet Secrets
- Victoria Beckham is Trying to Gain Weight
- Is Victoria Beckham on a Baby Food Diet?
- Victoria Beckham on the Alkaline Diet
- Eva Mendes Loves Bread, and Other Diet Secrets
- Olivia Munn Shares her Diet Secrets
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Post-Baby Diet Secrets
- Chris Hemsworth Reveals Movie Diet Secrets
- Top 5 Heidi Klum Diet Secrets
- Brown Sugar Sponge Cookie w/ Chocolate Covered Caramels
- Broccoli florets with Gorgonzola dressing
- Red Palm Oil, Fish Fillet with Mushrooms & Kale.
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad
- Black Forest Sundae
- Baked S'mores Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Banana Protein Oat Bars
- Freezing Lima Beans
- Baked Sweet Lima Beans
- Baked Lima Beans