This is a simple concept that makes logical sense, but The Simple Dollar has gone ahead and run the math for how much you actually save by making your own coffee.
For the purposes of the argument, a "higher quality" coffee was selected: Eight O'Clock Coffee, Original Ground. The most important assumption is that we're not working with Folgers or Maxwell House coffee. On average, the cost of 16 ounce cup of coffee prepared at home is $.44. Unless you go absolutely crazy with flavorings or other additions, your cup of joe will still run less than $.70. The simplest option at Starbucks will cost you well over $2.
At the very least, you will save $1 a day for making your own coffee at home. In most cases, it's going to be way more than that. Taking a few extra minutes at home could save you hundreds of dollars a year.
Think about it.
- Must Watch! Greatest Addiction Ever Video
- Gloria Jean's, Newman's Own Organics Named Best Colombian Coffee by Consumer Reports
- How Much Coffee Is Safe?
- Jolt Caffeine Energy Gum Freshens Your Breath
- The Prescription Coffee Mug Will Feed Your Addiction
- The AeroShot Emits Caffeine You Can Inhale
- Army Lab Creates Caffeinated Beef Jerky
- 9 Great Money Saving Coupons
- Cracker Jack'D is a Stimulating Snack
- Grow Something: Now Is the Time To Save Some Money