The National Institutes of Health (NIH) officially recommends eating a plant based diet to help lower blood pressure. DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) is a diet plan that features foods that are low in saturated fat, total fat, and cholesterol, and focusing on fruits, vegetables, and low-fat dairy. The following foods were rounded up by Yahoo health experts that follow the NIH dietary guidelines.
2. Cold Water Fish
5. Whole Grain Oats
6. Black Beans
7. Low-Fat Dairy
- The Incredible Edible Egg
- Barry Callebaut May Produce Chocolate Filled with Viagra-Like Properties
- 13 Freaky Foods for Friday the 13th
- Barack Obama Dines and Dashes
- Today's Menu Adds a Dash of Sass to Your Kitchen
- Judy Greer Hosts Health and Fitness Show on Yahoo!
- In Every One's Opinion ,Do You Think It Should Be A Rule Of Thumb That All Recipe State That An Electric Oven Be Set At A Certain Temp,That Fan Forced Should Be Set 20 Degrees Lower,I Find That My Recipes Cook To Quickly,If I Don' Apply This Rule,Any Sugg
- Do you have any suggestions for lowering ones cholestro/?
- Lower-Fat Fried Chicken With Creamy Gravy
- Is there a "lower-sodium" version of feta cheese?