Have you ever eaten at a hotel or ultra fancy restaurant where the butter was shaped like seashells, flowers or leaves? Ever wondered how to do it? Well, while I frequently extoll the virtues of cooking with butter (and particularly, making your own), making your own super sophisticated butter pads is unbelievably easy. Using storebought, homemade or compound butter, molded butter is a quick and easy way to make your Thanksgiving table more elegant than ever. This is also a really great project for little helpers!
It's easy - just let your butter come to room temperature and be very, very soft. Smush your butter into the molds using a spatula, making sure to squish out any air pockets or bubbles. Next, freeze the mold for 30 minutes or so until the butter is really firm. Once frozen, invert your butter mold over a plate and run super hot water across the bottom. Flip the plate and mold over and voila! You should have gorgeous little pads of butter!
Check out this super cute silicone pumpkin and maple leaf mini-mold set - perfect for the holidays!
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Easy Entertaining: 3 Must-Try Gluten Free Appetizers
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Must Try Apple Cider Roasted Carrots with Rosemary
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Peppermint Brookie Pies - gluten free, dairy free
- Hot Buttered Cranberry Cider
- Thanksgiving Holiday Stuffing - gluten free, vegan
- Orange-Walnut Butter Cookies
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- 5-Minute Rocky Road Fudge
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Cranberry Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream-gluten free, vegan