I have to ask - what is there not to love about pickles? Salty, tangy, lightly sour and full of crunch, I've never understood how people can dislike them! While I'm a kosher-dill sort of gal, I've been known to indulge in almost any pickled produce. Little known fact: dill pickles are surprisingly delicious when dipped in chocolate sauce! Trust me, I'm a hardcore believer.
To celebrate National Pickle Day, here are 5 fabulously unusual pickling recipes! From jam to garlic, it's all here -- and all naturally gluten free, milk/dairy free & vegetarian/vegan. So what are you waiting for?
Pickled Strawberry Jam
With cardamom and coriander, this jam is simply "perfection"! Put this in your recipe box for next summer - a must try sweet-sour recipe.
Pickled Plums and Onions
In a sweet-sour white balsamic vinegar brine - yum!
5 Spice Pickled Cherries
Star anise, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, peppercorns and cloves - yum! These sweet-spicy-tangy preserves make for an all-star cheese plate, mind-blowing drop cookies and a drink it from the bottle salad dressing!
French Pickled Garlic
Seriously, this stuff is amazing! Full of fresh garlic flavor without any of the spicy "bite", a pleasantly crunchy texture and mellow aroma - what more could you ask for?
Deep Fried Pickles
And of course, what kind of pickle post picker would I be if I didn't talk about these little beauties?! Gluten free option: substitute sweet rice flour for the all-purpose called for in the recipe!
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Vegan Recipe Roundup: 5 Fall Favorites
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Must Try Apple Cider Roasted Carrots with Rosemary
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Cocoa Stout Cupcakes
- Baked Chickpea & Chili Koftas in a Hot Jalfrezi Curry Sauce
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Creamy Cashew Garlicky Sage Sauce
- Southwestern Tortilla Soup
- Latin Style Kale Pesto