Almost anyone can remind you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day -- a good balance of protein and carbohydrates can be essential to setting your day up for success. But it's hard. I know how it is -- by the time you get up, get ready for work or school (or help your family get ready for work and school!) there isn't always time for a healthy meal before the daily grind is in full swing. So what could be easier than throwing a few ingredients in a blender and taking a fresh smoothie with you to work, school or run errands? Exactly. Here are 5 fabulous fruit smoothie recipes to start your day off right - all great tasting and gluten free!
Apple Cheesecake Smoothie*
Who said smoothies have to taste bad to be good for you? Just be sure to use gluten free oats!
Clementine Creamsicle Smoothie
This flu-busting beast will help rally your immune system - just in time for cold & flu season!
Sleepy Basil Mango Lime Smoothie
What's a sleepy smoothie? Throw the ingredients in a jar, toss it in the fridge, go to bed and voila! Get up in the morning, blend it up and you're ready to rock and roll.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Much healthier than a peanut butter 'nana samich but just as tasty.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Okay, so they couldn't all be healthy recipes!
* Please remember the potential risks associated with eating raw or undercooked eggs. If you plan on serving this up to your family (young kids, older individuals or anyone pregnant), think about substituting protein powder for the egg whites!
- 5 Must Try No Bake Nectarine Recipes
- Easy Entertaining: 3 Must-Try Gluten Free Appetizers
- 5 Best Vegan Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Sensational Roasted Cauliflower with Apples and Dill, Gluten Free + Vegan
- Easy Appetizers - Gluten Free Thanksgiving
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Cooking with Coffee - 5 Mouth Watering Gluten Free Recipes
- Gluten Free Foodie Friday: 5 Must Try Recipes
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Gingered Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Chicken Wing Drummettes
- Paella Catalane With Mussels, Squid & Crevettes
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Banana Fruit Smoothie