Dear people who object to truth in labeling:
I believe that we should have the right to buy whatever type of food that we want. I also believe we have the right to know what is in that food. Some of us might object to eating a particular sweetener, or additive, or type of seed. You may or may not agree with us. This is fine on all counts. Still, as a producer of a product for consumption, you should be held accountable for every ingredient that is put into that product.
Of course I don't expect there to be a label saying there are no bones in my bananas - I am not a dolt. I do want to know what you put in my peanut butter, to keep it smooth, uncharacteristically creamy, and making it taste like something other than ground peanuts (I make that at home - I know what it tastes like). Is there added sweetener? What kind? Are the peanuts GMO? Please let me know.
No matter if you agree with my child's sensitivity to HFCS or not,that really isn't the point. I want to know if your food contains it. Call it corn sugar, call it corn sweetener, call it delicious concentrated juice of corn; just put it on the damn label!
There is such an uproar about labeling, but in my opinion, it is simple. If manufacturers stand behind their products, and truly believe that the ingredients they use are safe, stable and necessary, then they should proudly place the list of ingredients on the label.
A consumer of all sorts of food, a farmer of much of my own, and a mother who just wants to know.
- 300,000 tell FDA to Just Label GMO
- The State of GMO Labeling
- US Ends Opposition to GM Labeling
- Lawyer Helps Give Corn Industry Death Blow
- Fantabulous Friday Blog Roundup
- Courtroom Challenge for GMOs Labeled "Natural"
- Fab Four Friday: GMO Blog Round Up
- Right 2 Know GMO Labeling March
- California GMO Labeling Initiative
- Top 10 Monsanto Blog Posts of 2011
- Traditional Romanian Polenta
- Not Just Mango Salsa
- Just The Best Cookies
- Just Like Oh Henry Bars
- Garlic Prawns In Just 3 Steps!
- Not Just Any Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Just Maz Turkey Chili
- Just Another Tiramisu
- Just like Butta Tofu.......with butternut squash and tomato curry sauce
- Valentine Softies With Kisses Just For You