Making your own spice blends is the only way to ensure you are getting the best and most flavorful spices. I recommend visiting your nearest spice shop and become friendly with the owners. They will guide you to the best and most fragrant spices. This year I made my own pumpkin pie spice mix and wow what a difference! It was like those warm flavors were lying dormant in the pre-mixed stuff. It is so easy, there is no reason you can't do this at home too.
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (ground from a whole nutmeg)
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
In a small bowl, stir together all the spices.
P.s. You can use this mix on veggies, meats, desserts, or even in breads!
- Pumpkin Pie Shots is an Efficient Way to Get Your Filling
- Must-Make Handheld Pumpkin Pies
- Food Fight: Pumpkin or Pecan Pie? Both! Gluten Free
- Decadent Desserts: No Bake Turtle Pumpkin Pie, Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Pie vs. Pecan Pie
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Michael Symon's Dynamite Lindt Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
- Gluten Free No-Bake Pumpkin Pie With Hazelnut Date Crust
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie