Let's not talk turkey for a moment. I know the big day is all about these crazy post-football-game 67 course meals which all seem to revolve around a big ol' turkey in the middle of the table (you know, Norman Rockwell style) Here's the thing -- while we merry mini-chefs are busily baking, cooking, heating, reheating, roasting and making gravy, the natives get restless -- and by restless, I mean hungry. So keep 'em well fed, whether it's watching the Packers v. Lions (or 49ers v. Ravens or Dolphins v. Cowboys), playing pinochle or boardgames, they're going to get hungry! Here are 5 super simple gluten free Thanksgiving appetizers / snacks that will keep your house full of happy campers and allow you to worry about the turkey.
Maple Roasted Tomatoes -- perfect for a cheese plate, otherwise milk/dairy free & vegan.
Freedom From Want (from Four Freedoms series), Norman Rockwell, 1943 - oil on canvas.
(Popularly identified as Thanksgiving dinner.)
- Easy Entertaining: 3 Must-Try Gluten Free Appetizers
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Savory Gluten Free Cranberry Appetizers - Cranberry Craze Pt 5
- Seriously Best Ever Bourbon Cranberry Sauce - Cranberry Craze Pt 2
- Spooky Savory Gluten Free Halloween Treats!
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Cooking + Drinking - 5 Must Try Gluten Free Brandy Recipes
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- 5 Best Gluten Free Acorn Squash Recipes
- Gluten Free Stuffed Heirloom Tomatoes
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Fall Farro Salad with Pomegranate, Walnut & Truffles
- Radishes with Pecorino
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Cranberry Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream-gluten free, vegan
- Thanksgiving Holiday Stuffing - gluten free, vegan
- Radish, Cucumber & Chive Salad
- Gluten Free Jalapeno Poppers